L I F E
No art post this month. (mainly because I’ve been hitting an art block as I try to practise poses in my fanart these days) But I did go to MCM Comic-Con this year! The last ever con I visited was back in college when I went to Eurogamer with my 2D Game Design class. This is my first ever time at Comic-Con as well! I wasn’t confident enough to go all out in cosplay so I opted for a more inspired-by outfit. My outfit is inspired by Tanjiro from Demon Slayer. I bought his jacket from Amazon and I wore my hijab to be the colour of his hair. I thought it was basic and comfortable but I was surprised by how many people complimented it! Being surrounded by so many in cosplay has really inspired me to go all out for the next comic con in October. I loooved seeing so many Genshin Impact cosplayers that I really want to go as one of my favourites, Kazuha, next time!
B O O K S
I thought I was getting back to a good reading habit but I ended up being so busy that I couldn’t find the time. My sister stayed over for two weeks with my niece so I actually ended up spending most of my spare time with her. And then MCM happened, and that wiped me out with a cold that is still fighting me right now. I’m not even annoyed at myself for slacking because I still enjoyed the 4 books I read this month.
- Life Ceremony – Sayaka Murata
- I had read parts of Convenience Store Woman a few years ago but I never got back to finish it because it was a library copy that I procrastinated for so long, that I felt bad for keeping it. Life Ceremony was certainly something. While I did enjoy it, I couldn’t help but feel like I was missing something, which I’ll probably chalk up to some things not translating well into English. Not the fault of the translators, just the English language.
- The Dragon’s Promise – Elizabeth Lim
- I enjoyed Six Crimson Cranes and I adore its sequel, The Dragon’s Promise, even more! I will gush about this in a future review!
- The Name She Gave Me – Betty Culley
- I had requested this in the Harper360 newsletter, not thinking I would get it, but I was surprised to see it arrive at my door one day! I’ve been meaning to read more novels in verse and this book reminded me why I enjoy it in the first place. So well written and packs a heavy punch. Another review to come!
- Kotaro Lives Alone
- I started reading the manga after watching one episode of the Netflix series and I was not expecting to find myself so emotionally wrecked by this manga. Found family at its finest really. I’ve read up to the most current volume which is eight. Goodreads keep acting up every time I try to add the series of the series to my lists.
P O S T S
A feature section to highlight my favourite posts from my fellow bloggers that were posted this month.
- Lili’s review of My Mechanical Romance – Another book that has been chilling in my TBR. I can’t wait to read it! I really think I’ll enjoy it judging from Lili’s review!
- Fanna’s review of Iron Widow – I adore Fanna’s writing style! I have already read and enjoyed Iron Widow, but in case you need another opinion as to why you must read it!
- Sahi’s review of The Stardust Thief – I’ve been seeing The Stardust Thief all over Twitter and Sahi’s review has pushed the book to this month’s TBR. (Well, hopefully)
That’s it for this month! Tell me what went on in YOUR life this month! What sort of things was important for you this month? New obsessions? New TV shows? Or book? Any new song recs (I’m always open to new music!)? Best books you read this month?