B O O K S
- The Candles are Burning – I did a full review of the Amazon Into Shadow Kindle collection a few weeks ago. This was the final book I had got around to reading, and I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this one, considering that a lot of the short stories in this collection are disappointing. (Not you, Six Deaths, this isn’t about you)
- A Witch’s Guide to Fake Dating a Demon – We all need an Ozroth in our lives who is willing to fight our shitty family members. 8/10. Would’ve been 10/10 if it wasn’t for that annoying third-act miscommunication trope I hate. But I did draw fanart because Mariel is hilarious.
- Blink – A creepy graphic novel about a woman discovering a cryptic website streaming an abandoned house which reminds her of her forgotten past. It’s great, but the publisher did the book a huge disservice by marketing it as found footage when the art doesn’t present itself like that but rather what the main character discovers.
- The Moonlight Blade – I read this manuscript back when I was an intern at Entangled, and I love the newly edited version all the same! I’m a part of the blog tour later this month, so expect a review and fanart!!
A R T
Outside of my usual stream time, I like to also do impromptu drawing streams, which are usually a lot more low-key and low-energy. These streams are usually at around 11pm whenever I can’t sleep, so I draw until I feel sleepy. And during these streams, I work on fanart or new PNG outfits. My newest PNG model outfit was one I’d been planning for a long time, which was a clown outfit. Funnily enough, this is the first time I’m showing it since I’ll be using this outfit tomorrow (March 1st) for my Genshin stream while I pull for Dehya. (Yes, this is me shamelessly promoting my twitch – come over, it’s fun, and I’m usually live around 6pm GMT)
P O S T S
A feature section to highlight my favourite posts from my fellow bloggers that were posted this month.
- Arc Review: Lies We Sing to the Sea – The only thing I know about this book is the author saying they’ve never read The Odyssey, which really soured my excitement for this book. But I really enjoyed Jordyn’s review!
- From the Drafts to Published: Interview with Tessa Barbosa, Author of The Moonlight Blade – As I mentioned, I’m currently working on my review and fan art for the blog tour, so check out Maddie’s interview in the meanwhile!
That’s it for this month! Tell me what went on in YOUR life this month! What sort of things was important for you this month? New obsessions? New TV shows? Or book? Any new song recs (I’m always open to new music!)? Best books you read this month?
2 thoughts on “Monthly Rewind: February 2023”
ZAHEERAH ALL THE GRAPHICS ARE SO PRETTY AND LOOK IM MAYBE OBSESSED WITH YOUR HEADER?? i love it all okay. ALSO THIS POST. IT WAS VERY ENTERTAINING TO READ AND IM GLAD THERE WERE SO MANY GOOD BOOKS THIS FEBRUARY!!!!! i cant wait to read (AND UNAPOLOGETICALLY FLAIL OVER) all your future posts HAVE THE BEST EVER MARCH <33
LikeLiked by 1 person
omgg im so sorry WordPress hid this comment and I didn’t see it until now but thank you!!! my March was great let’s have a good April too!!!!! 😂